Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Michigan Sheltie Rescue Donations

I absolutely adore Shetland Sheepdogs- I think that's obvious! I mean after all, I have two of them, and they are my 3rd and 4th ones, I belong to several Sheltie Message boards dedicated to the breed, I create art featuring these beautiful little souls, and I have a blog about them. I would like to foster Shelties looking for forever homes like the people at Michigan Sheltie Rescue do, but I am at capacity for pets in my comunity. So the only thing I can think of to do is donate to the cause. So I'm doing just that by offering Sheltie Art here on this blog, and in my on-line stores in the sidebar. 15% of the selling price, not the profit, but the selling price will be donated to Michigan Sheltie Rescue!
I'm hoping in this small way, that I can help these fine people who truly care about this breed.

Here's a link to a blog I just found through Sheltie Nation called Winning Duncan Over. It's about a little guy rescued from a puppy mill and really illustrates well the dedication of everyone involved in Sheltie Rescue all over the country. Some people, like my friend Cris, not only donate their time and money but open their homes to these dogs, and make every effort to find forever homes for them.
Ellen Leigh

Bookmark and Share
1 comments

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen. I feel the exact same way you do about shelties and I would love to open my home. I have three shelties of my own, but I would love to bring in one at a time and I will do everything I can to find a loving home for each new Sheltie you send me. Also, I will help with expenses. I am a retired RN and my husband retires this July 1. So if there is something we can do for you...please let us know. Write me: doreenmac@comcast.net
The three shelties I have are all well adjusted to other dogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home